We’re happy to announce that Tuscany Dental Care has confirmed that we are able to start seeing patients for non-emergency needs. We will be reopening May 19th to treat our patients with some limitations to allow for social distancing, appropriate application of additional PPE requirements, and additional infection control procedures. We of course will be prioritizing more urgent care when needed.
We will be open for phone calls from May 11-14 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. We will only have front office staff working to start scheduling our patients for the following week.
Please note that as a result of COVID-19, we have some new PPE requirements so we might look a little different, but you will still receive the same great service from our dedicated team. We’ve implemented some changes to limit person to person contact as much as possible per orders by the Texas State Board of Dentistry. These procedures may change over time:
1) PRE-APPOINTMENT PHONE SCREENINGS: We will be contacting you a day before a scheduled appointment and updating any contact or insurance information as well as asking you about flu-like symptoms and exposure to COVID-19. Based on your answers, we may need to reschedule your visit. If you know ahead of time that you have been ill or exposed to someone who is ill, please feel free to call us ahead of time.
2) COME EARLY: Please come 5-10 minutes early for your appointment to allow for our new check in process. We may have longer wait times since these protocols are new to everyone. We appreciate your patience. If you are someone who is on a “tight” schedule, you may want to consider moving your appointment out further when things are more streamlined and restrictions may be more relaxed.
3) CALL US FROM YOUR CAR WHEN YOUR ARRIVE. Please call the office 210-494-3589 from your car to let us know you are here. We will be allowing only one patient at check in at a time, so you may be asked to wait in your car for a few minutes.
4) CHECK-IN AND CO-PAYS: When you call us from your car we will ask you additional COVID 19 screening questions and take any estimated COPAY over the phone. Once we are ready for you, we will have to come to the entrance of our office and we will take your temperature. Temperatures over 100.0 F will be rescheduled.
5) PARENTS/GUARDIANS/ESCORTS/FAMILY MEMBERS: We prefer ONLY the patient come to our office. However, we understand that some patients may need assistance and minors will need their parent to sign consent.
*If needed, a patient is allowed ONE additional person to assist them at check-in. Please do not bring other family members or siblings that are not scheduled for treatment.
*The patient’s escort will also be screened and temperature taken at our check-in and logged into our Visitor Log Book. If the escort’s temp is above 100.0 F, the patient’s appointment will be rescheduled as well.
*After check-in, we prefer the parent/escort wait in their car and we will call you when the patient has completed their treatment to assist them. If that is not possible, we will have limited seating marked in our waiting room.
*We prefer ONLY the patient and the clinical staff be in our treatment areas. If absolutely necessary, we will allow a parent in the treatment room for children under 5 or for special needs patients. We ask that you remain in the treatment room for the duration of treatment and avoid walking back and forth through our office.
6) MASK WEARING: All staff will be wearing masks at all times. Please wear a mask to your appointment. We require ALL patients and any parents or patient escorts to wear a mask AT ALL TIMES in our office.
*Patients will be directed when to remove their mask for treatment. When treatment is over, we will have you reapply your mask
*Patients under 5 are NOT expected to wear a mask
*If you do not have a mask, when you arrive we will give you one.
7) CHECK-OUT: At the end of your appointment, we will schedule your next visit while you are in the treatment area and you will be dismissed through the back door. There will be no formal check-out and you are to leave the office. For patients that need assistance or minors, we will call your escort/parent to come back to the office.
*If you need a credit card receipt or itemized bill, we prefer to email that to you.
*If you have a question about your insurance or billing, we ask that you call us by phone to discuss that with a member of our admin team.
*If you have new treatment that was recommended, we will email you your treatment plan and call you the following day to review it with you.
*If your treatment plan is extensive, we may call you to set up a teledentistry consult with Dr. Duque.
8. LIGHTER SCHEDULE: We will have a lighter schedule on a daily basis for now and if you have an appointment in May, we may need to move it to a slightly different time or different day to accommodate these new restrictions.
I know this looks really different than what you are used to. Rest assured we will still be safely providing you with same excellent dentistry. Thank you so much for your support and for chosing us as your dental team. We’re happy to continue serving you, and can’t wait to see your smile!
Dr. Nancy Duque, Hanh, Chris, Sheena and Latisha